We are back to school and with virtual learning we are busier than ever. Sometimes we need a quick and easy meal. This Easy Popcorn Shrimp with creamy mac and cheese has been on heavy rotation at our house. Using Gorton’s Seafood Popcorn** shrimp gives the prefect crunch. #BTSWithGortons #Ad
** While this was a sponsored post, all opinions on product are my own**
About Gorton’s Seafood
Gorton’s Seafood Delicious Classics such as Popcorn shrimp is a staple in our house. I always have a few boxes in the freezer when I want to whip up a quick meal or even as an appetizer.
Gorton’s Seafood are the very first ones to come up with frozen convenience food, they have introduced new processing and sustainability practices.
Their Trusted Catch™ sustainability and quality initiatives ensure that their processes meet the highest standards – from sourcing to supply chain and manufacturing – and minimizes their environmental impact.
You can find them in the frozen aisle or freezer at your local grocery store. Check Gorton’s Seafood website for store locator and product availability.
Let’s get cooking
This recipe is divided in two parts but it comes together quickly.
These are the ingredients that you will need:
– 1 box of frozen Gorton’s Seafood Delicious Classics Popcorn Shrimp
– 2 cups Cavatappi pasta (or any past you prefer)
– 10 cups of water
– 4 tbsp unsalted butter
– 2 eggs slightly beaten
– 1 can of evaporated milk
– 12 oz grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
– 1 tsp of dry mustard
– Salt + Pepper to Taste
Putting together the popcorn shrimp with the creamy mac and cheese
In a big pot cook pasta until is al dente. Drain.
While pasta is cooking, cook Shrimp on Air Fryer at 375 degrees for 12 minutes or until crispy. Set Aside
While Shrimp cooks lets make the mac n cheese. At medium heat, in the same pot melt butter and add pasta.
Add Milk, cheese and eggs. Mix until everything is combined.
In a small bow combined mustard with a tsp of water until it turns to a paste. Add to pasta mixture.
Salt + Pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes. Don’t increase heat or mixture will curdle.
You can check my how to video on Instagram @hungrytravelingmama
Want to make this recipe later, pin it on Pinterest.
Easy Popcorn Shrimp with Creamy Mac and Cheese
- Measuring Cup + Spoons
- 1 box Delicious Classics Gorton's Seafood Popcorn Shrimp
- 2 cups Cavatappi Pasta or any pasta
- 10 cups Water
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 can Evaporated milk
- 12 oz Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- salt + pepper to taste
- In a big pot cook pasta until is al dente. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, cook Shrimps on Air Fryer at 375 degrees for 12 minutes or until crispy. Set Aside
- While Shrimp cooks lets make the mac n cheese. At medium heat, in the same pot melt butter and add pasta.
- Add Milk, cheese and eggs. Mix until everything is combined.
- In a small bow combined mustard with a tsp of water until it turns to a paste. Add to pasta mixture.
- Salt + Pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes. Don't increase heat or mixture will curdle.