Carne Asada is thinly sliced marinated beef cooked in the grill. You can eat it with onion, cilantro in a warm corn tortilla. I make this recipe often. I will be sharing my easy recipe and you will have dinner at the table in under 30 minutes.
What is Carne Asada?
Carne Asada which means literally grilled beef that has been thinly sliced and marinated in seasonings.
There are a variety of beef that can be used like Skirt steak, tenderloin steak, rib steak and sirloin steak. For this recipe I will be using Rib Steak, its tender, marinates and grills well.
I always have beef in the freezer marinated that it is ready for the grill.
Buy the carne at the latin or mexican carniceria
You can get the meat anywhere you want to, but I always recommend getting your carne at the carniceria. It is important because:
1) You are supporting a small business
2) You will have affordable options on the cuts of beef
3) If you don’t like to marinate your own, there’s an option to buy it already marinated.
4) While you are there might as well get the tortillas, onions, cilantro and a Jarritos!
Marinating the carne is key
Do not skip this step. You will want the meat to be tender and juicy. So creating a marinate is important so you will have flavorful asada.
Here is my marinade recipe (per LB):
1 lb of rib steak thinly sliced
2 green onions thinly sliced
2 tbsp of Sazón* ( you can find my Sazón recipe here)
Juice of a 2 lemons and an orange
1 tbsp of Coconut aminos
Mix and marinate overnight.
It is time to get your grill on!
– Take the meat out of the fridge at least 30 minuted before grilling.
– Sometimes I use my charcoal grill but I live in the PNW, it is raining constantly so for this recipe I used this Staub grill. I like to seasoning it before heating.
– Heat in medium/high heat. Grill the meat in batches and don’t overcrowd the grill. Once the meat comes lose from the grill, it is done.
– Top with chopped white onions, cilantro and squeeze of lime. Serve with warm corn tortillas and pickled red onions.
Asada it’s of my favorite meals to make on the weekends. I also like to use leftovers to make tortas, chilaquiles or taquitos. It’s an easy meal and it will be done in under 30 minutes. It will pair easily with this delicious Blood Orange Margarita, recipe here.
- Easy Shrimp Ceviche
- Beef and Potato Empanadas (Puertorican Empanadillas)
- Easy Chorizo, Egg and Potato Hash
Easy Carne Asada
- Measuring Spoons
- Knife + Cutting Board
- Stove Top Grill
- Kitchen Tongs
- 1 lb Rib Steak Sliced and Marinated* * See marinade below
- 2 stalks green onions
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup chopped white onions
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Take the meat out of the fridge at least 30 minuted before grilling.
- For this recipe I used a Staub grill. I like to season it before heating.
- Pre-Heat Grill in medium/high heat.
- Grill the meat in batches and don’t overcrowd the grill. Once the meat comes lose from the grill, it is done.
- Top with chopped white onions, cilantro and squeeze of lime. Serve with warm corn tortillas and pickled red onions.